Terms and Conditions of Silesia Ultramarathon 2023
1. Silesia Pro Active Foundation is the Organiser of Silesia Ultramarathon 2023
2. The Marshal Office of the Silesia Voivodship is the co-organiser of the races and the organisation partners are the cities of: Siemianowice Śląskie, Katowice, Mysłowice and Chorzów.
II. Date and place. The Route. Facilities for the runners
1. The run will be held on on October 1, 2023
2. The race will start at 7.30 am.
3. Competitors must line up at the start 10 minutes before the start time.
4. The route of the run will run through Silesian cities, and its exact course is presented on the official website of the run at: www.silesiamarathon.pl
5. The race will take place on streets with restricted or restricted traffic.
6. The run distance is 50 km.
7. Nutrition points will be placed approximately every 5 km.
8. Participants on the route of the run are required to follow the instructions of the Police, City Guard and other people securing the route of the run.
III. Participation (terms and charges)
1. The ultramarathon race may be attended by runners who turned 18 by the September 30, 2023.
2. To run in the race a candidate must:
a) in a time of registration process be a finisher of any marathon race in 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023 with the final result under 4:15:00 or finisher of Silesia Ultramarathon.
b) deliver a written consent to obey these Terms, thus fully accept the above regulations and commit to observe them,
c) be of good health and submit a statement of no medical contraindications to participate in the ultramarathon.
3. Every participant must be verified in the Race Office with his QR code.
4. The entry fee in Silesia Ultramarathon 2023 is:
a) PLN 160 (34 EURO) – before February 28, 2023
b) PLN 190 (41 EURO) – before June 30, 2023
c) PLN 210 (45 EURO) – before September 10, 2023
d) PLN 260 (56 EURO) – on September 11 – 21, 2023 and at the Competition Office: September 28, 29 and 30, 2023 (in the case of available starter packages)
5. The payment date is the date of crediting the sum on the organiser’s account.
6. Payments are made by individually generated payments electronically in cooperation with PayU SA: payment cards VISA and MasterCard or electronic transfers.
7. VAT invoices can be issued only within 3 months from the date of the fee crediting on the organiser’s account, after sending by payee a electronic request for a invoice (contact form>>> invoices and payments) and the complete data necessary for its issue.
8. If the entry fee in insufficient (e.g. as a result of missing the deadline of payment herein) the runner is obligated to pay the missing difference to the amount in accordance with the payment schedule specified in the Terms and Conditions.
9. In case of additional restrictions due to the epidemic threat (COVID-19) preventing the organization of the race in 2023, competitors will be able to receive a refund of the entry fee or transfer it to the next year.
10. In incidental cases, the entry fee can be transferred to another competitor.
11. A competitor who wants to transfer the entry fee to another person should contact the organizer’s office indicating another person already registered for the race (contact form>>> Invoices and fees).
12. The handling fee related to the transfer of the entry fee is PLN 25.
13. If the transferred entry fee is lower than the current distance payment applicable on the day of the change, the player to whom the transfer fee is transferred should pay the difference.
14. The entry fee after August 31, 2023 and in a situation where a VAT invoice has been issued for participation in the competition cannot be transferred to another competitor under pain of disqualification.
15. Every participant get a.i.: BIB number, sport t-shirt designed specially for Silesia Marathon, possibility to use aid station on the course of the race, medal and regeneration packet at the finish line.
16. Every participant until August 31, 2023, by logging into their own account created at registration, can change the distance from the ultramarathon to the marathon or vice versa. If, at the time of the decision to change the distance, the starting fee at the new distance is higher than the payment already made, the difference should be paid extra. In the case when the fee for the changed distance is lower than already paid, the refund is not due.
IV. Entry and collection of a Race Pack
1. Entry to the run can be made using an application form on the website of www.silesiamarathon.pl until September 21, 2023.
2. In case of any free BIB numbers left after electronic registration entries can be made at the Race Office on September 28, 29 and 30, 2023.
3. The limit of BIB numbers is 1000.
4. Entries will not be possible on the day of the race.
5. Confirmation of the application and payment of the starting fee is the given bib number (confirmation on the competition website and by e-mail to the address provided during registration). Giving a start number may take up to 5 working days. Registration without the payment and the assigned starting number does not guarantee participation in the competition.
6. Collection of starting numbers and packages will be possible in person or by a designated person at the Competition Office after presenting a ticket with a QR code on the following days:
September 28, 2023 from 4.00-7.00 pm
September 29, 2023 from 4.00 – 7.00 pm
September 30, 2023 from 9.00 am – 7.00 pm
The Competition Office is closed on the day of the race.
7. Tickets with a QR code will be sent on Monday or Tuesday 25/26 September to the telephone number and e-mail address provided during registration.
If the participant’s starting package is collected by other people, it is required to provide this person with a ticket with a QR code, which the person will present at the Competition Office.
8. The Competition Office, open on September 28, 29 and 30, 2023, will be located at the Silesian Stadium, ul. Katowicka 10, 41-500 Chorzów – entrance via gate 1A.
V. Time limits. Facilities for runners
1. Time measurement is carried out using an electronic system (the time measurement chip is in the start number).
2. The official time of the race is net time.
3. During the race all runners must have the starting numbers attached to the front of the T-shirt. Under the penalty of disqualification, it is unacceptable to cover the start number in part or in whole, modify it and place it in a different place than the T-shirt.
4. The time limit for finishing the race is 6 hours and 15 minutes chip time.
5. Staying on the route after the time limit as well as failure to comply with the judges’ decision results in the runner disqualification.
6. Assistance in cars, on bicycles, scooters and other vehicles except the organizer’s vehicles is forbidden.
7. Throughout the competition participants will be able to use changing rooms and sanitary facilities.
8. It will be a deposit available for the runners. It is forbidden to leave valuable items and documents on deposit.
9. For organizational reasons of public transport in the Silesian agglomeration, time limits are introduced at specific points on the route. Competitors who do not fit in the specified time limit are required to stop the race and leave the marathon route.
a) 28 km – limit: 3:15:00 chip time
b) 38 km – limit: 4:35:00 chip time
c) 43 km – limit: 5:17:00 chip time
VI. Ratings and prizes
1. The ratings in the Silesia Ultramarathon 2023 will be conducted in the following categories:
a) general: men and women – by net time
b) by age: men and women – by net time
• W 20 from 18 to 29 years old
• W 30 from 30 to 39 years old
• W 40 from 40 to 49 years old
• W 50 from 50 to 59 years old
• W 60 – 60 years and older
• M 20 from 18 to 29 years old
• M 30 from 30 to 39 years old
• M 40 from 40 to 49 years old
• M 50 from 50 to 59 years old
• M 60 from 60 to 69 years old
• M 70 – 70 years and older
2. The classification by age is conditioned by completion of the race by a minimum of four runners in a category. In case fewer runners accomplish the race, they will be rated in the younger category.
3. The organizer get the right to introduce additional classifications.
4. The type and the size of the prize is presented in separate document >>>.
5. The decoration in the general classification of women and men will take place according to gross time. Other decorations will be based on net times.
6. In order to receive prizes and bonuses one must to complete the race, obtain a negative result of the doping control and appear in person at the awards ceremony.
7. Every participant in the run who ends the race in the time limit will receive a special medal.
VI. Safety measures related to the epidemiological situation caused by the spread of SarS-Cov-2 virus
1. Due to the prevailing epidemiological situation caused by the epidemic caused by the threat of COVID-19 infection, the Organizer undertakes to prepare and conduct the Silesia Ultramarathon in accordance with the restrictions and limitations in force on the date of their conduct.
2. The organizer has the right to introduce additional requirements for participation in the competition and to change its course, the number of starting groups and other important elements of the Silesia Ultramarathon taking into account the epidemiological situation in the country and adjusting the provisions of these regulations to the applicable legal regulations in this regard.
3. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the regulations during the event, if it is required by the situation and the safety of competitors and organizers.
4. If the Organizer introduces the restrictions referred to in sec. 2, Participants will be informed about their introduction at the latest before the start of the Silesia Ultramarathon. The Organizer will make every effort to send messages regarding restrictions to Participants in advance.
5. Each Participant is obliged to strictly comply with the sanitary requirements and limitations resulting from the provisions of mandatory Polish law and the provisions of the regulations and the Organizer’s announcements, under pain of disqualification.
6. The organizer reserves the right to impose the obligation of health checks by medical services before allowing the competitor to participate in the Silesia Ultramarathon on the competition day. If a participant is in poor health, the Organizer will be entitled to prevent him / her from participating in the race.
7. In the event that the organization of the event is impossible under Polish law on the day of the competition, the Organizer will be entitled to change the date or cancel it.
8. Due to the change / cancellation of the Silesia Ultramarathon, the Participant will be entitled to demand:
– return of the starting fee,
– transfer of the starting fee to a new date.
VII. Final Provisions
1. The participants are to observe the regulations of PZLA, World Athletics and the present Terms and Conditions.
2. The Organiser has the right to remove from the marathon course and the area of the event any persons who in any way disturb public order, the course of the marathon or behave in a way violating the Terms and Conditions.
3. The organizer provides participants with the necessary medical care on the route and finish line during the race.
4. Ultra Silesia Marathon is an event insured on general terms. Individual insurance in the event of an injury or other unfortunate event that may happen to a runner during a run requires a separate policy purchased individually by the participant.
5. The organizer may not allow participation, which is a list of symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
6. The organizer may introduce changes and changes to the course due to additional advice on epidemiological advice.
7. The binding and final interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is only with the Organiser.
8. Due to the recommendation of IOC and Word Athletic, competitors representing Russia and Belarus are excluded from the race.
Katowice, December 10, 2022