1. Silesia Pro Active Foundation is the Organiser of Silesia Marathon 2023.
2. The Marshal Office of the Silesia Voivodship is the co-organisers of the races and the organisation partners are the cities of: Katowice, Siemianowice Slaskie, Myslowice and Chorzow.
II. Date and place. The Route. Facilities for the runners
1. Run will take place on October 1st, 2023.
2. The start of the run will follow at 8:00 am.
3. The starting site will be divided into zones. Riders must line up in their zones 5 minutes before the start. The assignment to specific starting zones is based on the results provided by the competitor in the registration form and the order of applications.
4. The route of the run will run through Silesian cities, and its exact course will be presented on the official website of the run at: www.silesiamarathon.pl
5. The marathon will take place on streets with no or limited traffic.
6. The route is certified by PZLA and World Athletics, and its length is 42.195 km.
7. The route will be marked every 1 km.
8. Nutrition points will be spaced approximately 5 km apart, and additional watering points will be set between feeding points.
9. Participants on the route of the run are required to follow the instructions of the Police, City Guard and other people securing the route of the run.
III. Participation (terms and charges)
1. The marathon run is open to competitors who turn 18 by September 30, 2023.
2. The condition for participation in the race is:
a) agreeing to comply with these Regulations, and thus full acceptance of the above regulations and a commitment to comply with them,
b) having good health enabling participation in the race, conducting medical examinations and submitting a declaration by the competitor that there are no medical contraindications for participation in the marathon during registration for the race by selecting the appropriate option.
3. The entry fee in Silesia Marathon 2023 is:
a) PLN 139 – before March 31, 2023
b) PLN 169 – before June 30, 2023
c) PLN 199 – before September 10, 2023
d) PLN 249 – on September 11 – 21, 2023 and at the Competition Office: September 28 – 30, 2023 (in the case of available starter packages)
The starting fee for a group application (minimum 10 people) is:
For a group of 10:
a) PLN 1520 – until June 30, 2023
b) PLN 1790 – before September 10, 2023
In the case of a group of more than 10 people and not exceeding 25 people, the fee for each subsequent competitor, depending on the date of payment, is as follows:
a) PLN 152 before June 30, 2023
b) PLN 179 before September 10, 2023
4. The date of payment is determined by the date of receipt of funds on the organizer’s account.
5. Payments are made by individually generated electronic transfers in cooperation with PayU SA: with VISA and MasterCard payment cards, electronic transfers or by means of an automatically generated transfer / payment print (“Print and pay” option to be used in other banks or postal payments).
6. In the case of group applications (eg companies, sports clubs, running groups) individual registration is required for each runner of the group with the same name of the company, club or running group. In order to pay the starting fee for the team, the team captain must contact the Organizer (contact form >>> Group application) and provide the details of all group members. An individual bank account number will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the team captain for a one-time payment for team members.
7. VAT invoices are issued only by the 15th day of the month following the month of payment of funds to the organizer’s account, provided that the request for an invoice is sent electronically (contact form >>> Invoices and payments) along with complete information on the complete necessary data to issue it and to provide the date of payment.
8. In the event of insufficient payment of the entry fee (eg as a result of exceeding the payment deadline specified in these regulations), the competitor is obliged to pay the difference up to the amount he should have paid in accordance with the payment deadline specified in the regulations.
9. The right to a free marathon start is granted to:
a) winners of the general category of women and men in the previous editions of the Silesia Marathon,
b) competitors who will be over 70 on the day of the marathon,
c) competitors who have completed all marathon editions since 2009.
10. Listed in point 9 people are asked after registering on the race website to contact the organizer (contact form >>> competition office) in order to assign a start number.
11. In random cases, the entry fee may be transferred to another competitor.
12. A competitor who wants to transfer the entry fee to another person should contact the organizer’s office indicating another person already registered for the race (contact form >>> Invoices and fees).
13. The handling fee related to the transfer of the starting fee is PLN 25.
14. If the transferred entry fee is lower than the current fee for a given distance applicable on the day of the shift, the competitor to whom the transfer fee is transferred should pay the difference.
15. The entry fee after August 31, 2023 and in a situation where a VAT invoice has been issued for participation in the competition, cannot be transferred to another competitor under pain of disqualification.
16. Each participant, until August 31, 2023, may, by logging in to his own account created during registration, change the distance from the marathon to another available distance. If, at the time of making the decision to change the distance, the entry fee for the new distance is higher than the payment already made, the difference must be paid. If the fee for the changed distance is lower than the already paid fee, no refund is due.
17. All participants of the run receive, among others: a bib number, commemorative technical T-shirt prepared especially for the next edition of Silesia Marathon.
IV. Entry and collection of a Race Pack
1. Entry to the run can be made using an application form on the website of www.silesiamarathon.pl until 21st September 2023.
2. In case of any free BIB numbers left after electronic registration entries can be made at the Race Office on 28th, 29th, and 30th September 2023.
3. The limit of BIB numbers is 4000.
4. Entries will not be possible on the day of the race.
5. Confirmation of the application and payment of the starting fee is the given bib number (confirmation on the competition website and by e-mail to the address provided during registration). Giving a start number may take up to 5 working days. Registration without the payment and the assigned starting number does not guarantee participation in the competition.
6. Collection of starting numbers and packages will be possible in person or by a designated person at the Competition Office after presenting a ticket with a QR code on the following days:
September 28, 2023 from 4.00 – 7.00 pm
September 29, 2023 from 4.00 – 7.00 pm
September 30, 2023 from 9.00 am – 7.00 pm
7. Tickets with a QR code will be sent on Monday or Tuesday 25/26 September to the telephone number and e-mail address provided during registration.
If the participant’s starting package is collected by other people, it is required to provide this person with a ticket with a QR code, which the person will present at the Competition Office.
8. The Competition Office, open on 28th, 29th and 30th September 2023, will be located at the Silesian Stadium, ul. Katowicka 10, 41-500 Chorzów – entrance via gate 1A.
V. Measurement and time limits.
1. Time measurement is carried out using an electronic system (a time measurement chip is built into the start number).
2. The official time of the competition is the net time (the time from crossing the start line to crossing the finish line).
3. Timing checkpoints will be at 10, 20, 30 km and at the finish of the race route. Additional checkpoints can be entered.
4. During the race all competitors must have the starting numbers received in the package attached to the front of the starting jersey. Under the penalty of disqualification, it is unacceptable to cover the starting number in part or in whole, modify it or place it elsewhere than on the starting shirt.
5. The organizer sets the time limit for completing the marathon for 5 hours and 45 minutes chip time.
6. For organizational reasons of public transport in the Silesian agglomeration, time limits are introduced at specific points on the route. Competitors who do not fit in the specified time limit are required to stop the race and leave the marathon route.
a) 10 km – limit: 1:22:00 chip time
b) 20 km – limit: 2:43:00 chip time
c) 30 km – limit: 4:05:00 chip time
d) 35 km – limit: 4:47:00 chip time
VI. Ratings and prizes
1. The ratings in the Silesia Marathon 2023 will be conducted in the following categories:
a) general: men and women – by net time
b) by age: men and women – by net time
• W 20 from 18 to 29 years old
• W 30 from 30 to 39 years old
• W 40 from 40 to 49 years old
• W 50 from 50 to 59 years old
• W 60 – 60 years and older
• M 20 from 18 to 29 years old
• M 30 from 30 to 39 years old
• M 40 from 40 to 49 years old
• M 50 from 50 to 59 years old
• M 60 from 60 to 69 years old
• M 70 – 70 years and older
The classification by age is conditioned by completion of the race by a minimum of four runners in a category. In case fewer runners accomplish the race, they will be rated in the younger category.
2. Awards ceremony and prizes (places from I to VI) will be designated by gun time.
3. In order to receive prizes and bonuses one must to complete the race, obtain a negative result of the doping control and appear in person at the awards ceremony.
4. The type and the size of the prize will be presented in separate document.
VII. Safety measures related to the epidemiological situation caused by the spread of SarS-Cov-2 virus
1. Due to the prevailing epidemiological situation caused by the epidemic caused by the threat of COVID-19 infection, the Organizer undertakes to prepare and conduct the Silesia Marathon, in accordance with the restrictions and limitations in force on the date of their conduct.
2. The organizer has the right to introduce additional requirements for participation in the competition and change its course, the number of starting groups and other important elements of the Silesia Marathon taking into account the epidemiological situation in the country and adapting the provisions of these regulations to the applicable legal regulations in this regard.
3. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the regulations during the event, if it is required by the situation and the safety of competitors and organizers.
4. If the Organizer introduces the restrictions referred to in sec. 2, Participants will be informed about their introduction at the latest before the start of the Silesia Marathon. The Organizer will make every effort to send messages regarding restrictions to Participants in advance.
5. Each Participant is obliged to strictly comply with the sanitary requirements and limitations resulting from the provisions of mandatory Polish law and the provisions of the regulations and the Organizer’s announcements, under pain of disqualification.
6. The organizer reserves the right to impose the obligation of health checks by medical services before allowing the competitor to participate in the Silesia Marathon on the day of the competition. If a participant is in poor health, the Organizer will be entitled to prevent him / her from participating in the race.
7. In the event that the organization of the event is impossible under Polish law on the day of the competition, the Organizer will be entitled to change the date or cancel it.
8. Due to the change / cancellation of the Silesia Marathon, the participant will be entitled to request:
– return of the starting fee,
– transfer of the starting fee to a new date.
VIII. Final Provisions
1. The participants are to observe the regulations of PZLA, World Athletics and the present Terms and Conditions.
2. The Organiser has the right to remove from the marathon course and the area of the event any persons who in any way disturb public order, the course of the marathon or behave in a way violating the Terms and Conditions.
3. The organizer may not allow participation, which is a list of symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
4. The organizer may introduce changes and changes to the course due to additional advice on epidemiological advice.
5. The binding and final interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is only with the Organiser.
6. Due to the recommendation of IOC and Word Athletic, competitors representing Russia and Belarus are excluded from the race.
Katowice, 10th December 2022.