1. Silesia Pro Active Foundation is the Organiser of Silesia Halfmarathon 2023.
2. The Marshal Office of the Silesia Voivodship is the co-organiser of the races and the organisation partners are the cities of: Katowice, Siemianowice Slaskie, Myslowice and Chorzow.
II. Date and place.The Route
1. Run will take place on October 1, 2023.
2. The start of the run will be follow at:9:40
3. The starting site will be divided into zones. Competitors must line up in their zones 5 minutes before the start. The assignment to specific starting zones is based on the results provided by the competitor in the registration form and the order of applications.
4. The course of the race will run through silesian cities and its exact course will be presented on the official website of the run.
5. The halfmarathon will run along streets excluded from the wheel traffic.
6. It is an attested PZLA and World Athletics course with the distance of 21.097 km.
7. Nutrition points will be placed approximately every 5 km.
8. The runners are obliged to follow the instructions of the police, guards and other service teams securing the run routes
III. Participation (terms and charges)
1. The run may be attended by competitors who turn 18 by September 30, 2023. In exceptional cases, it is possible to start competitors who are over 16 years old – subject to the written consent of their legal guardians.
2. To run in the race a candidate must:
a) deliver a written consent to obey these Terms, thus fully accept the above regulations and commit to observe them,
b) be aware they take part in the race at their own responsibility being fully conscious of the dangers and risks associated with this kind of event,
c) be of good health and submit a statement of no medical contraindications to participate in the race.
3. When registering and paying the entry fee the runners declare that they compete in the race at their own risk.
4. Application for participation in the race is regarded as:
a) adopting the Terms and Conditions of the run,
b) giving consent to processing the personal data for the purposes of the race,
c) giving consent to placing personal data and image in tv, radio, internet broadcast and in printed form by the organiser and race partners,
d) giving consent to the organiser’s right to provide their personal data to the official sponsors or partners of the event to perform additional classification, competitions or promotions,
e) confirmation of medical examinations and good health without medical contraindications to participate in the race.
5. Every participant must be verified in the Race Office with his QR code.
6. The entry fee in Silesia Half Marathon 2023 is:
a) PLN 110 (23 EURO)- before February 28, 2023
b) PLN 150 (32 EURO)- before June 30, 2023
c) PLN 180 (39 EURO)- before September 10, 2023
d) PLN 210 (45 EURO)- on September 11 – 21, 2023 and at the Competition Office: September 28, 29 and 30 2023 (in the case of available starter packages)
7. The starting fee for a group application (minimum 10 people) is:
For a group of 10:
a) PLN 1350 – before June 30, 2023
b) PLN 1620 – before September 10, 2023
In the case of a group of more than 10 people and not exceeding 25 people, the fee for each subsequent competitor, depending on the date of payment, is as follows:
a) PLN 125 before June 30, 2023
b) PLN 152 before September 10, 2023
8. The payment date is the date of crediting the sum on the organiser’s account.
9. In the case of group applications (e.g. companies and sport clubs, running group) a standard registration is required by the runners with homonymous name, club or running group. To make the payment please contact the Organiser (contact form >>> group registrations).
10. VAT invoices can be issued only till 15th day of month after the month of the fee crediting on the organiser’s account, after sending by payee a electronic request for a invoice (contact form>>> invoices and payments) and the complete data necessary for its issue.
11. If the entry fee in insufficient (e.g. as a result of missing the deadline of payment herein) the runner is obligated to pay the missing difference to the amount in accordance with the payment schedule specified in the Terms and Conditions.
12. The following persons are entitled to start in the halfmarathon for free:
a) aged 70 and older,
b) runners who ended all pervious editions of Silesia Halfmarathon since 2005.
After registering at the race website the above-mentioned persons should contact the Organiser (contact form>>> Race Office) to get their BIB number.
13. In incidental cases, the entry fee can be transferred to another competitor.
14. A competitor who wants to transfer the entry fee to another person should contact the organizer’s office indicating another person already registered for the race (contact form>>> Invoices and fees).
15. The handling fee related to the transfer of the entry fee is PLN 25.
16. If the transferred entry fee is lower than the current distance payment applicable on the day of the change, the player to whom the transfer fee is transferred should pay the difference.
17. The entry fee after August 31, 2023 and in a situation where a VAT invoice has been issued for participation in the competition cannot be transferred to another competitor under pain of disqualification.
18. Each participant, until August 31, 2023, may, by logging in to his own account created during registration, change the distance from the marathon to another available distance. If, at the time of making the decision to change the distance, the entry fee for the new distance is higher than the payment already made, the difference must be paid. If the fee for the changed distance is lower than the already paid fee, no refund is due.
19. Every participant get a.i.: BIB number, sport t-shirt designed specially for Silesia Halfmarathon, possibility to use aid station on the course of the race, medal and regeneration packet at the finish line.
IV. Entry and collection of a Race Pack
1. Applications for the run are accepted via the application form on the website www.silesiamarathon.pl until September 21, 2023.
2. If the limit of places is not exhausted, applications in a limited number, given in a separate message, will be accepted at the Competition Office on September 28, 29 and 30, 2023.
3. The limit of runners has been limited to 6,000.
4. On the day of the competition and after the limit of competitors is reached, registration will not be possible.
5. Confirmation of the application and payment of the entry fee is the given bib number (confirmation on the competition website and by e-mail to the address provided during registration). Giving a start number may take up to 5 business days. Registration without the payment and the assigned starting number does not guarantee participation in the competition.
6. Collection of starting numbers and packages will be possible in person or by a designated person at the Competition Office after presenting a ticket with a QR code on the following days:
September 28, 2023 from 4.00 – 7.00 pm
September 29, 2023 from 4.00 – 7.00 pm
September 30, 2023 from 9.00 am – 7.00 pm
The Competition Office is closed on the day of the race.
7. Tickets with a QR code will be sent on Monday or Tuesday 25/26 September to the telephone number and e-mail address provided during registration. If the participant’s starting package is collected by other people, it is required to provide this person with a ticket with a QR code, which the person will present at the Competition Office.
8. The Competition Office, open on September 28, 29 and 30, 2023, will be located at the Silesian Stadium, ul. Katowicka 10, 41-500 Chorzów – entrance via gate 1A.
V. Measurement and time limits.
1. Time measurement is carried out using an electronic system (a time measurement chip is built into the start number).
2. The official time of the competition is the net time (the time from crossing the start line to crossing the finish line).
3. During the race all competitors must have the starting numbers received in the package attached to the front of the starting jersey. Under the penalty of disqualification, it is unacceptable to cover the starting number in part or in whole, modify it or place it elsewhere than on the starting shirt.
4. The start will be divided into groups, and the size of the starting groups will be presented 10 days before the competition.
5. The organizer sets the time limit for completing the halfmarathon for 2 hours 45 min chip time.
6. For organizational reasons of public transport in the Silesian agglomeration, time limits are introduced at specific points on the route. Competitors who do not fit in the specified time limit are required to stop the race and leave the race route.
a) 5 km – limit: 40:00 chip time
b) 10 km – limit: 1:25:00 chip time
c) 15 km – limit: 2:07:00 chip time
VI. Ratings and prizes
1. The ratings in the Silesia Halfmarathon 2023 will be conducted in the following categories:
a) general: men and women – by net time
b) by age: men and women – by net time
• W 20 from 18 to 29 years old
• W 30 from 30 to 39 years old
• W 40 from 40 to 49 years old
• W 50 from 50 to 59 years old
• W 60 – 60 years and older
• M 20 from 18 to 29 years old
• M 30 from 30 to 39 years old
• M 40 from 40 to 49 years old
• M 50 from 50 to 59 years old
• M 60 from 60 to 69 years old
• M 70 – 70 years and older
The classification by age is conditioned by completion of the race by a minimum of four runners in a category. In case fewer runners accomplish the race, they will be rated in the younger category.
2. In order to receive prizes and bonuses one must to complete the race, obtain a negative result of the doping control and appear in person at the awards ceremony.
3. The type and the size of the prize will be presented in separate document.
VII. Safety measures related to the epidemiological situation caused by the spread of SarS-Cov-2 virus
1. Due to the prevailing epidemiological situation caused by the epidemic caused by the threat of COVID-19 infection, the Organizer undertakes to prepare and conduct the Silesia Halfmarathon in accordance with the restrictions and limitations in force on the date of their conduct.
2. The organizer has the right to introduce additional requirements for participation in the competition and to change its course, the number of starting groups and other important elements of the Silesia Halfmarathon taking into account the epidemiological situation in the country and adjusting the provisions of these regulations to the applicable legal regulations in this regard.
3. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the regulations during the event, if it is required by the situation and the safety of competitors and organizers.
4. If the Organizer introduces the restrictions referred to in sec. 2, Participants will be informed about their introduction at the latest before the start of the Silesia Halfmarathon. The Organizer will make every effort to send messages regarding restrictions to Participants in advance.
5. Each Participant is obliged to strictly comply with the sanitary requirements and limitations resulting from the provisions of mandatory Polish law and the provisions of the regulations and the Organizer’s announcements, under pain of disqualification.
6. The organizer reserves the right to impose the obligation of health checks by medical services before allowing the competitor to participate in the Silesia Halfmarathon on the competition day. If a participant is in poor health, the Organizer will be entitled to prevent him / her from participating in the race.
7. In the event that the organization of the event is impossible under Polish law on the day of the competition, the Organizer will be entitled to change the date or cancel it.
8. Due to the change / cancellation of the Silesia Halfmarathon, the Participant will be entitled to demand:
– return of the starting fee,
– transfer of the starting fee to a new date.
VIII. Final Provisions
1. The participants are to observe the regulations of PZLA, World Athletics and the present Terms and Conditions.
2. The Organiser has the right to remove from the race course and the area of the event any persons who in any way disturb public order, the course of the race or behave in a way violating the Terms and Conditions.
3. The organizer may not allow participation, which is a list of symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
4. The organizer may introduce changes and changes to the course due to additional advice on epidemiological advice.
5. The binding and final interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is only with the Organiser.
6. Due to the recommendation of IOC and Word Athletic, competitors representing Russia and Belarus are excluded from the race.
Katowice, December 10, 2023