Terms and conditions of Silesia Halfmarathon 2019
Terms and conditions of Silesia Halfmarathon 2019
1. Silesia Pro Active Foundation is the Organiser of Silesia Halfmarathon 2019.
2. The City of Katowice is the co-organiser of the race and the organisation partners are the cities of: Siemianowice Śląskie and Mysłowice.
II.Date and place. The Route. Facilities for the runners
1. The run will be held on 6th October 2019.
2. Start of Silesia Halfmarathon 2019 will take place at 10.45.
3. The start will be divided into zones. The runners must line up at the start before 10:40 in determined start zones. Allocation to specific start zones is done on the basis of the results provided by a runner in the registration form and on the basis of the order of entries.
4. The course of the race will run through Silesian cities and its exact course will be presented on the official website of the run.
5. The halfmarathon will run along streets excluded from the vehicle traffic.
6. It is an attested PZLA and IAAF course with the distance of 21.097 km.
7. Refreshment stations will be located every ca. 5 km.
8. The runners are obliged to follow the instructions of the police, guards and other service teams securing the run routes.
III.Participation (terms and charges)
1. The half marathon race may be attended by runners who turned 18 by the 5th October 2019. In exceptional cases it is possible to join the race by runners who turned 16 in basis of the written permission of the legal guardian.
2. To run in the race a candidate must:
a) deliver a written consent to obey these Terms, thus fully accept the above regulations and commit to observe them,
b) be aware they take part in the race at their own responsibility being fully conscious of the dangers and risks associated with this kind of event,
c) be of good health, go through medical examinations and submit a statement of no medical contraindications to participate in the half marathon.
3. When registering and paying the entry fee the runners declare that they compete in the race at their own risk.
4. Application for participation in the race is regarded as:
a) adopting the Terms and Conditions of the run,
b) giving consent to processing the personal data for the purposes of the race,
c) giving consent to placing personal data and image in tv, radio, internet broadcast and in printed form by the organiser and race partners,
d) giving consent to the organiser’s right to provide their personal data to the official sponsors or partners of the event to perform additional classification, competitions or promotions,
e) confirmation of medical examinations and good health without medical contraindications to participate in the half marathon.
5. Every participant must be verified in the Race Office with his identity card and by signing his race card.
6. Entry fee for Silesia Halfmarathon 2019 amounts at:
a) PLN 60 – till 18th April 2019 (special offer)
b) PLN 75 – till 16th May 2019
c) PLN 100 – till 29th August 2019
d) PLN 130 – till 19th September 2019
e) PLN 160 payable at the Race Office on 4-5 October 2019.
7. Discount entry fee for group registration (10 people) amounts at:
a) PLN 650 – till 16th May 2019
b) PLN 850 – till 29th August 2019
c) PLN 1100 – till 19th September 2019
In case of registration group more than 10 people, additional fee for every one participant over 10, depending on date of payment is:
a) PLN 65 – till 16th May 2019
b) PLN 85 – till 29th August 2019
c) PLN 110 – till 19th September 2019
8. The payment date is the date of crediting the sum on the organiser’s account.
9. In the case of group applications (e.g. companies and sport clubs, running groups) a standard registration is required by the runners with homonymous name, club or running group. To make the payment, please contact the Organiser (contact form >>> group registrations).
10. VAT invoices can be issued only within 3 months from the date of the fee crediting on the organiser’s account, after sending by payee a electronic request for a invoice (contact form>>> invoices and payments) and the complete data necessary for its issue.
11. If the entry fee in insufficient (e.g. as a result of missing the deadline of payment herein) the runner is obligated to pay the missing difference to the amount in accordance with the payment schedule specified in the Terms and Conditions.
12. The following persons are entitled to start in the half marathon for free:
a) general men and women category winners in the previous editions of Silesia Half Marathon,
b) runners aged 70 and older
c) runners invited by the Organising Committee of the race.
After registering at the race website the above-mentioned persons should contact the Organiser (contact form>>> Race Office) to get their BIB number.
13. An entry fee paid is not refundable. The fee cannot be transferred to another runner.
14. Every participant get a.i.: BIB number (with his name under condition a payment made until 29th August 2019); sport t-shirt designed specially for Silesia Halfmarathon 2019, possibility to use aid station on the course of the race, medal and regeneration packet at the finish line.
IV.Entry and collection of a Race Pack
1. Entry to the run can be made using an application form on the website of www.silesiamarathon.pl from 2nd April 2019 until 19th September 2019.
2. In case of any free BIB numbers left after, electronic registration entries can be made at the Race Office on 4th and 5th October 2019.
3. The limit of BIB numbers is 4000.
3. Entries will not be possible on the day of the race.
4. The BIB numbers and race packs can be collected in person at the Race Office upon presentation of identity card on:
– 4th October 2019 15.00-20.00 (registration, verification and issuing packs)
– 5th October 2019 10.00-20.00 (registration, verification and issuing packs)
– 6th October 2019 6:30-7:30 hrs (verification and issuing packs)
5. In case of receiving a participant’s starting package by other persons, it is required to provide to organiser a printed and signed by the participant a starting card and a copy of the ID card available for inspection.
The starting cards will be delivered to runners electrical minimum 7 days before the race.
6. the location of the Race Office will be presented in a separate statement.
V. Ratings and prizes
1. The ratings in the Silesia Halfmarathon 2019 will be conducted in the following categories:
a) general: men and women – by net time
b) by age: men and women – by net time
• W 20: from 18 to 29 years old
• W 30: from 30 to 39 years old
• W 40: from 40 to 49 years old
• W 50: from 50 to 59 years old
• W 60: 60 years and older
• M 20: from 18 to 29 years old
• M 30: from 30 to 39 years old
• M 40: from 40 to 49 years old
• M 50: from 50 to 59 years old
• M 60: from 60 to 69 years old
- M 70: 70 years and older
The classification by age is conditioned by completion of the race by a minimum of four runners in a category. In case fewer runners accomplish the race, they will be rated in the younger category.
2. in order to receive prizes and bonuses one must to complete the race, obtain a negative result of the doping control and appear in person at the awards ceremony.
3. the type and the size of the prize is presented in separate statement here >>>.
- The participants are to observe the regulations of PZLA, IAAF and the present Terms and Conditions.
2. The Organiser has the right to remove from the half marathon course and the area of the event any persons who in any way disturb public order, the course of the half marathon or behave in a way violating the Terms and Conditions.
3. The binding and final interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is only with the Organiser.
Katowice, 26 March 2019